The Brighton Historical Society team of volunteers undertake many and varied tasks such as:
- Reading through a variety of material such as newspapers to source Brighton information
- Answering queries on anything from heritage issues to family histories
- Keeping street and house files up to date with current information
- Scanning photographs
- Recording and typing up oral histories
- Writing and editing articles for the BHS Journal
- Setting up and assisting in manning exhibitions, events, walks, talks and displays
- Welcoming and supervising school group activities
- Actively promoting the Brighton Historical Society
Do you want to be a volunteer?
Do you like detective work?
Do you have any of the skills we need, such as IT knowledge, secretarial skills, research or writing skills?
Can you offer a few hours a week and have the ability to make it a regular commitment?
Do you have local knowledge?
Do you have any expertise with clothing and costume?
Can you sew?
Would you like to learn new skills?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
The Brighton Historical Society welcomes people who answer ‘yes’ to any or all of the above.
Please visit our rooms on a Thursday between 12 noon and 5pm or phone the Society on 9553 8650.